Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The stockings were hung...

on the stairway with care, as we don't have a fireplace in the farm house.



A few years ago, I made stockings using vintage linen napkins for the cuffs and a remnant of upholstery fabric for the sock. There were not enough of the blue stockings for our blended family, so Pat's old sock was pressed into service.





While I still have dozens of linen napkins in my stash, the last of the blue fabric was used to make the tiny stocking for Roxy the wonder dog.
One of my perennial New Year's resolutions is to start Christmas projects in January (rather than December 20 as has been my habit) so I've started knitting a set of wool stockings.  I have an endless supply of cream yarn left over from an afghan project that went sadly awry - more than enough to make stockings for our current family and any new additions - human or otherwise - that may join our household in the years to come.

Here's the first one:



Five more stockings and 354 Christmas crafting days to go...

1 comment: